The Vietnamese American Photographic Association is pleased to invite all photographers, amateur and professional worldwide to participate in the 5th VNUSPA International digital salon, which opens from now to October 14th, 2016. The public exhibition will be held in Fall Church, Virginia, USA. The VNUSPA international exhibition intention is to award in excess of 50 awards at the discretion of the judges. These will include PSA FIAP. Great success to the 5th VNUSPA international digital 2016!
- Closing Date: October 14th, 2016
- Judging Date: October 22nd, 2016
- Notification Date (email): November 05th to November 19th, 2016
- Online catalog Availability (PDF): December 05th, 2016
- Public Exhibition Date: November 27nd, 2016
JURY IN ALL SECTIONS: An entrant's four images will be presented to the judges consecutively
- Joseph Hoa, HonFICS FICS HonMARGUS AFIAP ANAPSL PSAstar etc.
- James R. Roy: FPSA, PPSA
- Vuong Nien, E. FIAP, FICS, FVNUSPA
HOW TO ENTER
- Online Entry: online digital entries must be submitted via http://www.vnuspa.org/salon/onlineentry.php
- Postal Entry: Non-online digital files must be stored in a DVD/CD containing the works. Files naming must follow the format: lastname-firstname-section-entry#-ImageTitle; for example: Lee-Susan-Color-2-CatchAFish.jpg. In addition, the Image titles on CD/DVD have to match with image titles on entry form.
- Entries not complying with Conditions of Entry and Rules will be disqualified.
- Entries received without full payment of entry fee will be disqualified.
- Online submission: PAYPAL ONLY, $15/entry
- Postal submission: CASH ONLY, North America $16.00/entry, elsewhere $18.00 / entry.
- GROUP ENTRY: There is a US$50.00 group discount for entries consisting of 10 separate entrants or more.
- VNUSPA intends to award more than 50 awards at the discretion of the judges. These include PSA FIAP VNUSPA.
- Each section will include 1 gold, 2 silver, and 3 bronze awards, in addition to other honorable mentions.
- General Chairman: JOSEPH HOA PHAM, VNUSPA President
- Member: VNUSPA members
- Website: http://www.vnuspa.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal: 7407 Jayhawk Street. ANNANDALE, VA 22003-5740, USA
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY AND RULES
- The exhibition is open to anyone, except members of the Exhibition Committee and members of the jury. An entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
- The original image(s) must be made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired with a digital camera. All images must be original and may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in any medium related to the exhibition. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.²
- By checking this box. I hereby expressly agree to the FIAP document 2014/317E « Conditons for application and regulations for organization of international photographic events » and especially to its chapter II « Regulations for International photographic events under FIAP patronage » dealing under Section II.2 with the FIAP participation rules and the red list.²
- This salon accepts new images only.
- The same image may not be submitted in more than one section. This means that the same image that is submitted in Travel Section can not be submitted in Color Section.
- Entries receive without fee will not be judged; entries won’t be returned.
- There will be three gold medals, six silver medals, nine bronze medals, and five honor mentions in each section will be awarded.
- An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging for that section.
- A maximum of four images may be entered per section.
- Report cards will be sent to email only.
- Decisions of the jury are final.
- The winning images will be projected for public show at the community gallery. The entries – online and/or postal – will not be returned.
- By entering the contest, you grant VNUSPA the permission to use these images at will.
- Please be aware that we will only contact you via email; therefore, provide your working email address.
- Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “may not be eligible” for awards or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subjected to disqualification by the exhibition sponsors.
- Images will be judged using a Samsung Smart TV 60 inche 1080p with HDMI Connection to laptops with 1900 x 1200 pixels resolution set up.
- All entries must be in JPEG.
- Maximum image width (horizontal) is 1024 pixels, and maximum image height (vertical) is 768 pixels.
- Please use dpi 72
- An image must not exceed 850 KBs.
- The maker’s name and/or image title must not be in the image.
- MONOCHROME (FIAP definition): black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category.
(PSA definition): A monochrome image is defined as having varying shades of no more than one color (various shades of that color from very light to very dark) but it may be any single color. Multi-toned images (various shades of two or more colors) and greyscale images with added an accent color are not acceptable in Monochrome Class sections and must be entered in Color Class sections.
- TRAVEL (PSA definition): A Photo Travel image must express the feeling of a time and place, and portray a land, its distinctive features or culture in its natural state. There are no geographical limitations. Close-up pictures of people or objects must include distinguishable environment. Techniques that add to, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. All adjustments must appear natural. Conversion to full monochrome is acceptable. Derivations, including infrared, are unacceptable”.
- COLOR: Any color digital images.